Advanced Skin Care + Experience = Awesome Complexion, but results may be inhibited if instructions aren't followed. Don't be "that guy". Almost every treatment performed at Fix Your Face involves Epidermal Resurfacing and a detailed list of professional techniques may be found under the "In Layman's Terms" tab.
Post-Care for ALL Treatments:
- Exercise or vigorous physical activity should be avoided for 24-48 hours. This includes hot yoga, spin class, or any other activity that makes you sweat.
- Wear hair away from the face, change pillowcases, wash makeup brushes.
- Mild breakouts and/or micro-flaking may occur. Do not pick.
- If irritated, OTC Hydrocortisone may be applied, but not to exceed 3 days.
- Direct sunlight exposure is to be completely avoided immediately following the treatment.
- Cleanse your face with mild soap and apply a hydrator.
- Begin manual exfoliation 48 hours after treatment to keep up with sloughing action and maintain a smooth complexion.
- Luxury products purchased from non-professional sources (ie. Department Stores, Ulta, Sephora, Rodan/Fields, etc.) may inhibit skin's healing process and/or cause irritation.
What is Microderm/Dermafiling and its benefits?
Microdermabrasion uses an adjustable applicator head that removes dead surface skin cells and initiates cellular turnover at the dermis and epidermis levels in a safe, controlled manner. Dermafiling is just as effective as Microdermabrasion, but does not include vacuum suction. This approach respects the integrity of the skin and promotes even healing. Maintaining even cellular growth on the surface aids in the youthfulness of the skin’s appearance. At Fix Your Face, this gentle abrasion is then followed by highly application of active topicals, enzymes and skin nutrition to ensure penetration.
Microdermabrasion/Dermafiling has been used to treat aging and sun-damaged skin, some types of acne and acne scarring, altered pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, and stretch marks. Results may include improved skin tone, fewer breakouts, diminished appearance of scars, even skin color, refined skin pores, renewed elasticity, and a healthy glow. Dermafiling is used on more sensitive/Rosacea types, so as to not over stimulate the capillaries.
You may experience excessive dryness or even some micro-flaking between sessions, which may or may not be normal. Always check with me if you have any concerns after the treatment. More sensitive skin may experience some redness after the first couple of sessions. This normally goes away after 2 to 3 hours. After your treatment, sunblock must be worn and tanning beds should never be used. You are making an investment in your face: therefore, it is to your benefit to continue to protect it long after your series is completed.
In the event that you may have additional questions or concerns regarding your treatment or suggested home care, contact Fix Your Face.